October 26, 2010

Deepening my knowledge on Bharatnatyam

I have been researching on Bharatnatyam and hence Carnatic Music through the web while my Guru directs me with my practical knowledge on the art form through my rigorous riyaaz. Sharing a very interesting read on the oldest and perhaps the most orthodox form of rendition of the art- Bharatnatyam Pandanainallur style.

Pandanallur Heritage

While reading this article I also chanced upon a very well articulated post on Jathiswaram where the writer has simplified the complexity woven around this tukda which requires rigorous training and upasana by the performer through which they can achieve perfection. Take a dekho... I was very inspired!

Jathiswaram made simple

Happy reading! :)

No comments:

If music be the food of life, play on...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com